Hanoi always attracts a lot of tourists with its hoary and modern beauty. If you are in Hanoi tours and want to explore this city in an economical way, you should not miss some free Hanoi activities below.
Admiring the beautiful sceneries
- Walking along Hoan Kiem Lake: it is considered to be the Pearl of Hanoi Capital. This is the place where a lot of Hanoi activities taking place such as doing morning exercise, chatting together or walking along the lake to contemplate the gentle beauty of Hanoi. Moreover, you can stroll around the lake to go to Ngoc Son Temple, Huc Bridge or Turtle Tower. These places are the precious heritages of Vietnam and known as the specific characteristics symbolizing the capital.
- Wandering on Hanoi old streets: the highlight of your Hanoi tours Vietnam is the 36 streets of Hanoi’s Old Quarter. You can have a chance to discover a wide range of Hanoi old houses and streets still retaining their appearance from the 19th century.
Refer to the article: Best Things to Do in Hanoi’s Old Quarter
- Taking fresh air in Long Bien Bridge: not only is it a historic construction but it is also one of the entertaining places for Hanoi people, especially for tourists who want to discover the history of Vietnam. While during the day, it owns the hoary beauty, after the sun has set, it suddenly becomes peaceful and romantic accompanied by the yellow street lights.
Eating and drinking in the mainstream places
As for this aspect, it is not completely free. However, it is the indispensable thing in your tours of Hanoi and you will be amazed at these economical Hanoi activities:
- Looking in some retro coffee shops: Hanoi has thousands of retro coffee shops with new and nice styles, which attracts a lot of tourists especially the young when they are in Hanoi tours. Also, these coffee shops are the free destinations to take a lot of styled photos to memorize your Hanoi trip.
Refer to the article: Best places to have a cup of coffee in Hanoi
- Visiting Trang Tien Street to enjoy the famous ice cream: it has such an unforgettable delicious taste that we can not compare it to other kinds of ice cream.
- Tasting a lot of dishes in Hang Buom Food Street: this place is like the epitome of modern Hanoi and it is crowded with a lot of people and vehicles. Going there at night in your Hanoi tour, you will have the opportunity to immerse in a gastronomic paradise with a plenty of dishes. It includes Hanoi traditional foods, Vietnamese specialties and a lot of foreign dishes with different ways of processing.
Taking part in some outdoor activities
- Playing sports with Hanoi people: Hanoi people have a habit of playing sports together in the parks or sidewalks. Their motto is “the more the merrier” so they enable tourists to join with them. This kind of activity not only cheers everyone up but also improves the physical fitness.
- Listening to music on the pavements: on Sunday afternoons, there is a free Hanoi activity held in Hoan Kiem Lake and Ly Thai To Monument. At that time, you will easily meet a group of young people singing together with guitars or wooden drums. This activity is quite rustic and simple but their passion can inspire the positive thinking in participants.
- Enjoying the melody of violin in Hoan Kiem Lake at night: visiting Hoan Kiem Lake at night, you will have a chance to listen to violin songs. The topics of these songs are quite diverse, relating to Hanoi, Russia, love songs of Trinh Cong Son and so on. You can leisurely enjoy the fresh air of Hoan Kiem Lake at night, simultaneously, joyfully sing with people around to have an unforgettable night in Vietnam tours.