Traveling to Vietnam – Coming to Sapa and conquering Mount Fansipan is no more so difficult for tourists thanks to the advent and operation of the cable car system, which helps bring incredible experiences to anyone who wants to admire the beautiful landscapes here. Let’s join us to discover some interesting points on this type of tourism in the following article.
Fansipan – the roof of Indochina and the conquering dream of many people
For a long time, the Fansipan peak is considered as the meeting place, the exchange of many adventurers – those who love to explore while traveling. By youth and determination, the height of 3,143m can never stop the travelers who love adventurous trips. It is a challenge and the object to conquer of many generations of Vietnamese and foreign tourists.
From Fansipan peak, you will feel like you are at the highest place in Indochina. In addition, you can also enjoy the panoramic view of Sapa, from Muong Hoa Valley, Ta Van village, Cat Cat village, ethnic life,… like a magnificent painting of nature.
However, the challenges and hardships encountered on the way to conquer Fansipan are not something that everyone can have enough faith, willpower and health to overcome. Therefore, many people, despite being very passionate and eager, but they also have to quit because they cannot afford it.
Understanding this, the advent of the Sun World Fansipan Legend cable car system in February 2016 has made it easier than ever to dream of conquering the “roof of Indochina”. There have been many enthusiastic visitors, eager to experience this modern system once in their lifetime.
Introduction of the Fansipan cable car system
Before experiencing something, it is necessary to understand it to ensure that your trip is comfortable and safe. So what do you know about the Sun World Fansipan Legend cable car? If nothing or just a little, let’s find out now!
About the operating process, scale and capacity
The cable car operates daily from 7:00am to 5:30pm. The departure point of the cable car is the beautiful Muong Hoa Valley and the arrival is the top of Fansipan in Sapa city, Lao Cai province.
Each cabin can bring up to 35 people. This will help large groups of tourists to see Sapa from above. The maximum capacity of the system is 2,000 passengers / hour.
Instead of spending days and days climbing to the top of Fansipan by road, you now only need to take around 20 minutes by cable car! This makes the dream of conquering Fansipan peak, even of children and the elderly, come true.
From 2019, the price of the cable car to Fansipan has been changed and divided into 3 categories:
- Adults: 700,000 VND / ticket
- Children (height 1 to 1.3m): 500,000 VND / ticket
- Free for children under 1m accompanied by adults
Notes on purchasing tickets:
- The price above is the round trip ticket, with return included. You must therefore hold the tickets carefully to be able to give the ticket to the control staff when returning. At the same time, visitors should note that Fansipan cable car tickets can only be used on the same day.
- If you are traveling in a large group or during peak periods, make reservations at the hotel to avoid having to lining in long queues. If you are traveling in small groups, you can buy tickets directly at the station.
Fansipan cable car receives two Guinness records:
Since its opening and operation, the Fansipan Sapa cable car system has “won” 2 Guinness records:
- First of all, this is the cable car with the biggest difference in height between the departure and arrival stations in the world: 1,410m
- It is also the longest three-wire cable car in the world: 6292.5m
Currently, no country has exceeded these records. This has helped the Vietnamese tourism market in general, as well as Sapa in particular, to attract more visitors every year.
Why you have to conquer Fansipan peak by cable car?
Adventure seekers have long had their own maxim, which is that conquering any wonder with your own feet and strength is most important. However, as mentioned above, not all tourists have enough conditions for the climbing process to go smoothly. Since the commissioning of the Fansipan cable car system so far, the dream of conquering the “roof of Indochina” has come true for almost everyone.
First of all, you can see that everything suddenly becomes practical and safe, because you do not need to carry your bulky luggage, nor to prepare your psychology and your health to be ready for this journey. Just spend a small fee, spend about 20 to 30 minutes, “drop” your soul into the beauty of Sapa, and there you are on the top of Indochina. It will be very different if you climb to the top of Fansipan by spending a few days on the road, right?
We are also sure that when you have the opportunity to admire the majestic mountains, picturesque terraced rice fields that “drawn” by Sapa’s nature, you will have to say: “Oh, why not try this experience earlier?”
In addition, you can also record “unique” moments by looking through the foggy cabin window. If you are a good photographer, you will be able to take a lot of magnificent photos that can’t be found in anywhere else.
The most appropriate time to go by Fansipan cable car
Choosing the right time to conquer Fansipan by cable car will make your trip to this beautiful destination more perfect. A suggestion for you is to come to Sapa in 2 periods: October – November, March – April. At these times, the weather was not too bad and it was the most beautiful time of the year in Sapa:
- October – November: Sapa has a fairly pleasant climate, neither too hot nor too cold. This is the time when Sapa “brings a bright yellow shirt” thanks to terraced fields in harvest. Suddenly, you will feel that humans become small in a large space of ripe rice.
- March – April: at this time, Sapa is full of the various colors of countless flowers, permeating the hearts of many visitors, because on the cable car, you will see close-up images of people starting the new harvest.
On the contrary, if you take the trip to Sapa “accidental” in December or January, we fear that your trip is not perfect because at that time, the temperature drops significantly, there is a lot of mist, which affects your vision and your health.
At the same time, you should also pay attention to the time of your trip: The best time to get to the Fansipan cable car is around noon or early afternoon. At that time, the temperature is higher, also the clear view allows you to enjoy the view without any obstacle.
The note when you take the cable car to conquer the Fansipan
You must have valuable experience to make the process of conquering Fansipan with cable cars practical and safe. Such as:
- You must be well prepared for the expenses as well as for the luggage (food, drinks, equipment, etc.) necessary for the trip.
- In addition, health is also the determining factor in the quality of your trip. When you climb a mountain, especially a high peak like Fansipan, the sudden change in temperature and atmosphere will make you uncomfortable and tired. The best way to reduce this effect is to take deep, regular breaths. In addition, you should also bring shawls, thick coats. If you feel short of breath or have abnormal symptoms, you should immediately contact the station staff for active medical assistance. Stay healthy and calm in all situations!
- When climbing, do not smoke at all because you know that with a small ash, you accidentally broke the law and burned a forest!
- Keeping the environment clean and not throwing garbage is the responsibility and conscience of all tourists when visiting Vietnam in general.
- Another note to remember is to keep the cable car tickets very carefully, because you always have to go back, right?
Conquering Fansipan peak is now much easier for those who want to experience the sensation on “the roof of Indochina”. Hopefully, with the little sharing above, you will have a perfect trip. Book a Vietnam tour to Sapa quickly and record your memorable moments!