Vietnam is now far from the ugly war, but the real beauty country with a rich history and friendly people. There are a lot of places to see from North to South. This writing will be about the highlights Northern Vietnam – where are the traditional capital Ha Noi, fantastic hills Sapa, and the karst islands Ha Long Bay (Quang Ninh) located. We have awesome Vietnam tours choice in Northern for you below and the travel tips also.
Asia Tour will introduce the North of Vietnam through the top 3 cities:
- Northern Vietnam Tours – Explore Hanoi’s atmospheric old quarter
- Northern Vietnam Tours – Encounter hill tribes in Sapa
- Northern Vietnam Tours – Cruise the glistening waters of Halong Bay
1. Northern Vietnam Tours – Overview Ha Noi
Hanoi, the political, economic and cultural center of North Vietnam. The chaotic streets of Hanoi with motorbikes piled high and people everywhere are all part of the Vietnamese experience. Enjoy the atmosphere, explore the streets, or chill out with a cup of coffee in a rooftop café.
What to do in Ha Noi?
There is a lot to do, but we make the list short for you as below:
- Wander around the maze of streets that make up the Old Quarter
- Take in a performance of the water puppet show
- Browse through the city’s private art galleries
- Visit Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum in Ba Dinh Square
- Enjoy a drink at Funky Monkey bar
- Watch the world go by besides Hoan Kiem Lake
- Marvel at the ancient Temple of Literature
- Bargain hunt in Dong Xuan Market
- Visit the magnificent Opera House
What are the must-try foods in Ha Noi?
Again, you can have many delicious food choices in Ha Noi, we count it down for you top 5:
- Xoi xeo– is sticky rice topped with ground de-hulled mung bean and fried onion. Sometimes it can be served with eggs or steamed chicken breast on request. You can find these dishes in every corner in Hanoi.
- Banh Cuon – steamed crepe from rice flour and water. This dish is light and healthy enough for breakfast, the inside stuffing contains ground pork, wood-ear, and seasoning. Most street chefs make the dish right at door so look for a place that steams are coming up high.
- Pho (Noodle soup) – This may be the most famous dish in Vietnam. Ha Noi is “hometown” of the dish, where it was “invented” in the early 20th century. Some are served with chicken and some with beef. The soup is sophisticated and flavor.
- Bun Thang – Bun is more like spaghetti. Bun thang is one of the most popular yet hidden fares in Hanoi and one can hardly find it outside of the Old quarters or a few special restaurants scattering across the city. Bun thang is a harmonious blend of color- the yellow of sliced egg; the white of bun; the off-white of chicken and the green of onions and herbs.
- Cha ca La Vong – Cha ca La Vong is listed as one of the top 100 things you gotta try before you die by many cuisine experts. It is exquisitely grilled fish served with bún, peanut, green onions, dills and shrimp paste. The fish is carefully chosen so that there are not too many bones and fishy smells.
Ha Noi Vietnam Tour and how to book with best prices
Based on the time you want to stay here or where you want to travel after visiting Ha Noi, Asia Tour has many different choices for you. You can try this Quintessential Vietnam with 3 days in Ha Noi, stop by the Ha Long Bay in 2 days, and end in Ho Chi Minh.
Call (+84) 4 3926 3858 or send us an email: email@example.com for more advice or to book the tours with the best prices!
2. About Sapa
Vietnam has many ethnic groups, many of whom are in the north of the country. When saying about Sapa, we have the beautiful trekking roads, windy rice fields, and the colorful market. Come to this special places and try the warm homestay, learn how to cook the traditional dishes, or join the interesting local lifestyle.
What to do in Sapa?
Peaceful Sapa is called the trek lovers home. Besides the fun trekking, the 4 things below will make you wow about Sapa.
- Climb Fansipan, ‘Roof of Indochina’ – Who don’t want to be the top? This Fansipan will inspire your mind with an enormous and beautiful landscape. Be prepare and climb to the top!
- Ride a bike through Muong Hoa Valley – Muong Hoa is a famous and nice valley to stop by. By bike, you can go through the whole valley in some hours. It can become a wonderful memory when discovering Sapa by bike with your buddies.
- Spend a night at a local village homestay – Sapa is the home of tribe people. There is no better way to explore this cool thing by home staying.
- Chill out at Sapa town – the town is colorful. You can have a quick breakfast and go around the market for buying some handmade stuff – which can be nice gifts for friends. Take your camera through the trip since you can bring many lovely moments here.
What are the special local foods?
There are the list Sapa local foods we have made for our beloved customers. In this list, you must try all but the highlights are Thang Co and Bamboo-tube rice.
Local foods make Sapa becomes a Vietnam Tour Highlight
Thang Co – Thang Co may look like your standard soup or stew but is actually a traditional dish of the H’Mong tribe of Sapa and contains horse meat. Not just horse meat, of course, but horse organs too, as well as vegetables and a blend of lemongrass, chili, local cabbage, and other mystery spices. It is said the dish is of great significance to the H’Mong people and dates back many years to a time when the people of Sapa could only travel by foot or horse.
Bamboo-tube rice – is a dish that can be found all over Vietnam but the flavor of the rice in the North-Western region of Sapa is the coolest thing ever. Glutinous rice from the fields around the town is used, combined with coconut milk and grilled in a bamboo tube. In Sapa, this dish is often served with bamboo tube beef and sesame and prepared by local people on open campfires. Bamboo-tube rice will make your winter day warm and bright!
How to book
You may want to spend 2-3 days to explore the whole beauty Sapa. Tell us your schedule, your interests, and we can give you more advice. Call (+84) 4 3926 3858 or send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more advice or to book the tours with the best prices!
3. Northern Vietnam Tours – Ha Long Bay
Halong Bay with its karst towers and misty early morning appearance are unforgettable. This is one of the most photographed coastal scenes in Vietnam and is a must-see on any visit to the country. The white boats, the blue sea, and the fantastic mountains make the bay special than ever.
The must-do things in Ha Long
Put away all the things you have googled about Ha Long Bay and what to try, here is the thing will make you feel wow – Sleeping on the junk boat!
After a long day of walking, doing activities, eating fresh seafood, it’s just so joyful and romantic to spend a night on the boat. Laying down, doing nothing but seeing the twinkle stars in the sky. Then, in the morning, welcome to the beautiful sunshine on the beach. Make your day special and peaceful in every minute with Ha Long Bay!
Ha Long Bay
Check out this lovely Quintessential Vietnam tour or call (+84) 4 3926 3858 / send us an email: email@example.com for more advice or to book the tours with best prices!
It is never too late to travel! Vietnam is waiting for you, be the firsts to try the bests with Asia Tour. Find your own favorite Vietnam Tours and contact us now!