Hoan Kiem lake may be the first name to be called once talking about Hanoi’s lakes, however, besides this historical and poetic lake, there’s still a West lake, silently and quietly stealing tourist’s heart once coming to Hanoi.
The magnificent landscapes of West lake in dawn
Located right at Hanoi center, when coming to West lake, travelers will feel like being in one of the coolest and most romantic natural site in Hanoi. West lake is a very large area with about 500ha of the water surface. In the past, it’s former names were Xac Cao lagoon, Kim Nguu lake, Lang Bac, Doai lake. Nowadays, it’s officially called West lake. West lake occupies the surrounding areas of Ba Dinh and West lake districts.
West lake becomes more poetic in nightlight
Around this lake, tourists can easily find many cultural and historical sites. Because it used to be the resting place for royal members in the Ly-Tran dynasties, the Kings decided to build palaces around the lake as a resting place, entertainment for the royal, such as Thuy Hoa palace under Ly dynasty, and then Ham Nguyen palace under Tran dynasty (now, the area of Tran Quoc pagoda), Tu Hoa under Ly dynasty, currently is Kim Lien pagoda, Thuy Chuong palace is now the school of Chu Van An.
Nhat Tan village, a kingdom of peach tree
Around the lake there are also many cultural and historical relics such as:
- Nghi Tam Village, home to Ba Huyen Thanh Quan poet with Kim Lien Pagoda with unique architecture.
- Nhat Tan Tao village with the temple of Tao Sach and also the village of peach flowers for spring festival / Tet in Vietnam.
- Ke Buoi Village (An Thai) with craft paper (do paper), which provides papers for most of painting traditional villages of the North.
- Thuy Khue village with Ba Danh pagoda, Quan Thanh Temple, Tran Quoc Pagoda, Phu Tay Ho (where people worship Princess Lieu Hanh) is a famous monument and a landmark.
- Chu Van An school, is now a top specialized school in Hanoi, in the past its name Buoi school. Pupils and Students study at this school are carefully classified by hard tests conducted every year for the input. Being members of this special school is the honor and pride of every students.
The development of West lake
The West lake now is drawing investments of many companies for being a wonderful entertainment place. However, the authority of Hanoi still deserve it as a natural site for nature lovers and protect its ecosystem as the original. When visiting West lake, the tourist can meet a lot of foreigners who are working in Hanoi and choose the departments along the northern part of West lake for home
Some cruises are operated in West lake as café, restaurants for guests, anyone can enjoy the nature taste on one of the most spectacular landmark of Hanoi.
Sounds very exciting, right! So what are you still waiting for but not booking a tour with this travel agency immediately to enjoy joyful Vietnam tours!