Being a mesmerizing area of natural beauty as well as cultural diversity, the lake of Inle is absolutely an attractive destination for your tour in Shan State, Myanmar. The attraction is so famous that if you talk the word ‘Inle’, immediately people will think of ‘Inle Lake’.
- Location: 30 km south of Taunggyi
- Status: Myanmar’s second largest freshwater lake
- Population: about 150 000
- Area: 116 square km
- Best time to visit in a year: from October to
- Mar Among the most picturesque attractions of Myanmar and even in Southeast Asia as well, known as “Venice of the East”
At an altitude of 880 meters and an estimated surface area of 116 square kilometers, Inle Lake is the one of the highest and the second largest freshwater lake in Myanmar.
In addition, Inle is the habitat of a considerable number of endemic species with over nine species of fish and twenty species of snails which are nowhere else in the world to be found.