Kratie is a small and pretty town in northeastern of Cambodia. Due to its location, Kratie is quite remote and not really developed in terms of tourism. However, with its authentic and unexploited beauty together with unique ancient Angkor Temples Kratie is still a worth-visiting destination in Cambodia.
- Location: In eastern Cambodia, on the banks of the Mekong
- River Status: A rich in culture land
- Population: 263.175 (1998)
- Area: 11.094 km²
- Religions: Theravada Buddhism
- The large-scale dolphin sanctuaries
- A number of architecture characterizing Cambodia’ culture and history
Being endowed with Mekong River flowing from the north to the south, Kratie owns peaceful and romantic landscapes. Mekong River also gifted this province hundreds of seasoned flooded islands as well as rich and diverse wetland ecosystems with many kinds of dolphins, fish and birds. Great part of Kratie is covered with dense forest and other part if green paddies and villages which create the immense green for this pretty town.