Located in the confluence of the Se Done and Mekong Rivers, Pakse is the most important economic and tourism center of the Southern part of Laos. Pakse is the capital city of Champasak province with the population of approximately 70,000 people. Pakse has long history with many political changes.
- Location: the capital and the most populous city in the northern province of Champasak
- Population: 87,000 people Area: 180 square kilometers Name meaning: Mouth of the river Se
- Religion: Buddhism
- Climate: tropical savanna climate with very warm temperature throughout the year
- Main attraction: the biggest and most beautiful temple Wat Luang; the oldest and largest temple Wat Phabad
- Night center point: Mekong Bank