Phnom Penh, the capital of the Kingdom of Cambodia, is a charming city. Being the combination of Asian features, the elegance of Indochina land and the hospitality of Cambodians, Phnom Penh puts strong impression on tourists at the first look.
- Location: Located on the banks of the Mekong River
- Status: the nation’s center of economic and industrial activities, the center of security, politics, cultural heritage, and diplomacy of
- Cambodia. Population: 2,301,725
- Area: 678.46 square kilometers
- Religions: Buddhism Known as the “Pearl of Asia”
- Well-known for many beautiful and historical architecture and attractions
- The wealthiest and most populous city in Cambodia and is the country’s political hub.
Located on the meeting points of three big rivers: Bassac, Mekong and Tonle Sap, Phnom Penh is also called as “four-river-surrounded city” (Chatomuk). Phnom Penh is not also the capital but also political, economic and cultural center of Cambodia. With the total are of about 678.46 square kilometers and the population of about 2 millions people, Phnom Penh is the largest city in Cambodia. It is a nice French-built city with long history since 1434.